Sunday, January 12, 2014

Lazy 'Healthier' Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Balls

I made these when I needed something quick over the holidays and wanted to use up the last of the cereal in the box of Rice Krispies.

They turned out great....very tasty. A little 'sticky'...which I LOVE!

And I loved being able to use agave nectar instead of the honey called for in the recipe. (agave nectar doesn't spike sugars like honey does). 

I figure they are good enough for when I'm eating 'lighter' too.  They certainly satisfy a sweet tooth!

Honey (or agave nectar), peanut butter, rice krispies and (un)salted peanuts!
All Good-For-You stuff right?

Try them soon...they made a lot of little mini cupcake liners-full.
Or use large liners. Or press them into a greased 9" X 12" pan.

Either way, they'll be gone in no time at all. 

I saw this recipe at Recipe Lion - 21 No Bake Desserts

If you like this recipe, you may also like my Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats


LAZY 'HEALTHIER' PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIE BALLS (NO BAKE)

3/4 c. honey (or agave nectar)
1 c. (natural) peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. Rice Krispies cereal
1 c. salted peanuts, chopped (optional)

Line cupcake pans with paper liners (use minis or regular size). (I sprayed mine lightly with non cooking spray). 

In medium saucepan, combine honey and peanut butter; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add vanilla.  Add Rice Krispies and peanuts. Stir until well combined.

Place about 2 Tb. cereal mixture into cupcake liners until filled; cool to room temp.  

Scarf and enjoy!

Add mini chocolate chips if you'd like (I would freeze them first so they don't melt so quickly).  Or drizzle tops with melted chocolate. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly